GLSS 2020 COVID-19 Policy
It remains our primary focus as a sailing school to get as many of our programs open and running in order to engage our current and future sailors. In order to ensure the safety of our participants, their guardians, and our staff, all parties must comply with our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures. Non-compliance with GLSS COVID-19 policies and procedures will result in immediate ejection from the program, without refund.
Phase II General Policies and Procedures:
Phase II General Policies and Procedures:
- Masks: The CDC and all relevant health authorities continue to stress the importance of face coverings in preventing spread of the virus. As such, face coverings will be required at all times on the grounds/piers for all individuals. Once on the water, sailors will be permitted to remove their face coverings. Sailors staying for lunch in all day camps will be permitted to remove their masks while eating at a social distance. Under no other circumstances will individuals will be allowed to remove their face coverings.
- Self-Screening and Notification: Participants and their guardians must self-monitor and notify the GLSS immediately if the participant or any household members develop COVID-19 related symptoms. Participants and their guardians must also notify the GLSS of any significant exposures to persons known to have contracted COVID-19. More information about self-screening and notification procedures will be included in the forms sent to parents prior to the start of a session.
- Zoom: All Phase II participants and their guardians will be required to attend a Zoom meeting prior to the beginning of their session. This meeting will cover all relevant COVID-19 policies, and there will be an opportunity for questions to be asked and answered. Information for each Zoom will be sent via email in the weeks prior to the start of each session.
- Forms: The GLSS Track and Trace Protocol, Infection Protocol, Assumption of Risk form, Parent Code of Conduct, and Sailor Code of Conduct will be sent via email/DocuSign to the guardians of participants. Each of the forms must be signed and returned before the sailor is allowed to participate in any GLSS programming.
- TeamSnap: Guardians of each participant will be required to register for TeamSnap. This platform will facilitate communication between the GLSS, participants, and their guardians. More information will be sent to parents in the weeks prior to the start of the session.
- Weather: If there is a forecast that includes storms that will not allow us to sail, we will cancel the class that day and the sailors will not allowed to come to the GLSS. This announcement will be made by email and text message at least a half hour before the start of the daily program through TeamSnap. Such cancellations will not be grounds for a refund.
- 30 Minute Pickup Requirement: If guardians are notified of non-sailable conditions in which the participants must leave the grounds sooner than anticipated, guardians must be able to pick up their participants within 30 minutes of this notification. The ability to pick up a sailor from the grounds within 30 minutes at any point in the day is a condition of their participation.
- Drop off: Guardians will drive their participants through the circle in the parking lot towards the front door where they will be met be a staff member for check-in. After check-in, the participant will be guided towards the appropriate area on the grounds. Guardians will not be allowed to exit their vehicle during drop off.
- Class time: All classes will be held outside under the patio. Classes will not be held inside the building. Entry will only be permitted for bathroom usage. Social distancing measures will be implemented. To facilitate this, sailors will use the same equipment all week, without sharing with any individuals outside their sailing partner.
- Lunch: Sailors in all-day camps (420 Camps, Opti Camps) must bring their own lunch for camp. They will be permitted to eat on the lawn, outside, with social distancing measures in place while masks are off. Sailors in half-day camps (Youth and Teen Reachers, Opti and 420 Learn to Race) will not be allowed to stay on the property for lunch before or after their class unless they are enrolled in concurrent morning and afternoon sessions (ie. Opti Learn to Race and Youth Reachers; 420 Learn to Race and Teen Reachers).
- Pick up: Like drop off, guardians will pull through the circle and be met by a staff member. Participants will be called and go directly into the car in which they are being picked up. Guardians will not be allowed to exit their vehicles during pick up.